My last period was 05/08/ i spotted light pink spot on the 29/08/ then nothing until the 12/09 spotted brown on and off even now, hpt neg?

3 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Michael Sparacino answered

Specializes in Family Medicine

Repeat: Home pregnancy tests become positive at about the time you'd be 1 week late. I'd repeat it again in one week. If it's negative, see your doctor.

Answered 12/14/2019

5.6k views

Dr. Gurmukh Singh answered

Specializes in Pathology

Blood test for HCG: Conception occurs within day or so of the sex. It takes about 3 weeks for the embryo to make enough HCG for a positive pregnancy test. Blood test may be done a day after a missed period. Home pregnancy tests should be done 4-5 days after the missed period. If the result is negative repeat the test in 4-5 days. Use first morning urine and follow instructions for the test carefully.

Answered 3/22/2020

117 views