My last period was 05/08/ i spotted light pink spot on the 29/08/ then nothing until the 12/09 spotted brown on and off even now, hpt neg?

Dr. Michael Sparacino
Repeat: Home pregnancy tests become positive at about the time you'd be 1 week late. I'd repeat it again in one week. If it's negative, see your doctor.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Pathology 51 years experience
Blood test for HCG: Conception occurs within day or so of the sex. It takes about 3 weeks for the embryo to make enough HCG for a positive pregnancy test. Blood test may be done a day after a missed period. Home pregnancy tests should be done 4-5 days after the missed period. If the result is negative repeat the test in 4-5 days. Use first morning urine and follow instructions for the test carefully.
Last updated Mar 22, 2020