my period is about 4 days late, which is very unusual for me. though my cycle only last three to four day's, do i need to wait before taking a hpt?

48 years experience Pathology
Depends: If you had sex since your last period, do a home pregnancy test. If the result is negative repeat the test 4-5 days later unless you get a period by then. Use first morning urine and follow the instructions for the test carefully. If you do not wish to be pregnant, use contraception all the time, every time. You may consider implanted contraceptive, or IUD. Practice safe sex. Get HPV vaccine.
Answered on Apr 30, 2016