what do you do if you have a bloody noise?

2 doctor answers
Dr. John McMahan
47 years experience ENT and Head and Neck Surgery
Nosebleeds: Nosebleeds can be caused by dryness and crusting, foreign bodies, tumors, septal deviations, infections and a number of other causes. Asa or nasaids make it harder to stop. You can try Bacitracin ointment but if it persists or is severe go to the er or see an ENT doc for answers. Try blowing out any blood clots and pinching your nostrils tightly closed and hold for 20 minutes.
Answered on Jun 24, 2014
5
Dr. Andy Chung
20 years experience ENT and Head and Neck Surgery
Try this...: I would suggest spraying 'afrin' within the nose followed by soaking a cotton ball with 'afrin' and place it inside the nostril that seems to be bleeding. Pinch your nose for 15 minutes. Any minor bleeding from superificial vessels should stop with this technique. I suspect your bleeding is from the dry environment of denver. A good preventive technique is to use nasal saline sprays and gels.
Answered on Jul 4, 2015
5