Gulf Shores, AL

i had a nerve block in my neck during and after shoulder surgery it was causing ringing in the ears so i discontinued it the ringing has never stopped what can i do?

Dr. Ronald Galyon
Orthopedic Surgery 35 years experience
Tinnitus: Tinnitus is not a disease, but a condition that can result from a wide range of underlying causes. Sometimes spontaneous, Aspirin toxicity or in your case, possibly related to your surgery and something as simple as a potassium imbalance. This explains the many home remedies you . It might be best to consult with an ENT for a complete workup as this may or may not have been related to your surgery.
Dr. Mitchell Zeitler
Anesthesiology 39 years experience
Consult your doctor: You may need to talk to your surgeon or the doctor that did your block. The ringing may or may not be related to the block, that is, it may have simply started at the same time as surgery. If the shoulder block was continued as a continuous infusion of local anesthetic, then it could be related but usually the ringing would stop with the stoppage of the drug.