I took a drug screen and it came back diluted. i did not tamper with the test by drinking a lot of water and wondered if my creatinine levels are low and if so what can i do to increase the levels in my urine.?

Dr. Peter Duic
Emergency Medicine 10 years experience
See your pcp: Verifying that a urine sample is "human urine" includes checking the temperature, ph, specific gravity and concentration of creatinine. Disease states can cause an exceptionally low creatinine level so having your pcp do further tests is of value. The creatinine concentration tested for is rather wide and permits a quite low level as normal. So if you are lower it is worth looking into.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Pathology 50 years experience
Withhold water: You should refrain from taking any fluids after noon of the day prior to the day of the test and arrange to have first morning urine collected.
Last updated Apr 24, 2019