I need some information please!? how long is botox in the system?

5 doctors weighed in across 3 answers

2-6 months: Botox is a neuromusclular paralyzing protein that binds irreversibly to acetylcholine receptors in the muscles where it is injected. The effects are not permanent because each of us "grow" new receptors, usually within 3-4 months, but occasionally quicker or slower (2-6 months). If injected precisely it does not "travel" or have effects elsewhere in the body.

Answered 6/24/2014

5.7k views

BOTOX: Botox and other botulinum products aren't really "in the system" per say. They are injected directly where the nerve meets the muscle and stick to the end of the nerve keeping it from making the muscle move. The body has the physically break down the toxin before things go back to normal and this process takes 3-6 months.

Answered 9/14/2015

5.7k views

Dr. Michael Sinclair answered

Specializes in Family Medicine

Less than 1 day!: Botox works by changing a protein inside the nerves called the snap 25. Changes to the snap 25 protein last about 2-4 months. The Botox itself very quickly breaks down and is "out of your system" very quickly. Technically, Botox never gets into your system to any significant extent. The Botox effects the snap 25 proteins in the area of the injection. There is very little effect on your "system".

Answered 12/12/2018

5.6k views