is it okay to take orlistat and ephedrine (ephedrine sulfate) at the same time?

Dr. Paul Cohen
Ask your physician: Posts like this are always challenging to respond to because I do not know you, your medical history, current allergies/list of medications, etc. Please ask your primary care physician this question...It is better for you if you do.
Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Why ephedrine (ephedrine sulfate)?: There is no particular interaction between Ephedrine (ephedrine sulfate) and orlistat, but Ephedrine (ephedrine sulfate) is really not a great drug, and has a lot of side effects. A similar drug, phenylpropanolamine was taken off market, and I am not sure why Ephedrine (ephedrine sulfate) wasnt either. Talk to your doctor about better stimulant-like weight loss drugs if one is necessary. Many chinese herbal preps have ephedrine, (ephedrine sulfate) and can cause problems.