what are the causes acne of on the back?

Dr. Robert Jackson
Dermatology 43 years experience
Acne : Acne always occurs where oil glands are abnormal.

What can help the acne on the back of my shoulders?

Dr. Nela Cordero
ACNE SHOULDERS: You can use the rx for the face such as cleocin, retin a, (tretinoin) benzoyl peroxide and Erythromycin lotion. Oral rx are tetracycline, doxycycline, etc.
Dr. Cornelia Franz
Specializes in Pediatrics
Some people respond very well to Proacticve. Chinese Medicine can also help.
May 11, 2012

I have a lot of acne on the back. What can I do about it?

Dr. Robert Jackson
Dermatology 43 years experience
Acne: Accutane is the best therapy. You should see your dermatologist.
Singapore

Acne on the back?

Pathology 44 years experience
Prescription: Acne on the back almost always requires prescription meds. If you're not a woman for whom the oral contraceptive pill is appropriate, then consider starting with topical Clindamycin with benzoyl peroxide or a retinoic acid derivative, adding a systemic antibiotic that's appropriate if this doesn't get the results you want. Dermatologists have the big guns. Good luck.
Maldives

I have acne in my shoulders and back. What should I use? I tried some medicines but no effect.

Pathology 44 years experience
Your Dr can help: Benzoyl peroxide and other topicals are unlikely to clear acne on the trunk. Get with your physician. If the oral contraceptive pill is right for you, consider it; it may clear you. You may be offered a systemic antibiotic; this is likely to help. And your physician may want to evaluate your level of androgens to see why your acne is this severe. Good luck.

Once your acne is gone, should you stop using the product or will the acne just come back if you stop?

Pathology 44 years experience
Taper slowly: Taper the daily rx very slowly over several years, and resume if the illness recurs. Your physician can guide you if this is prescription rx.