What's the best way to treat rsd (reflex sympathetic dystrophy) without seeing a doc?

8 doctors weighed in across 3 answers
Dr. Mitchell Cohn answered

Specializes in Pain Management

Topical/Oral MMJ?: Rsd is a complex disorder which is really poorly understood. I know of no good alternative treatments which can be self-administered. As an osteopathic physician and pain doctor, i've seen quite a lot of rsd patients. Some respond to meds, some to osteopathic manipulation. Quite a few respond to topical or ingested medical marijuana. If legal in your state, it could prove quite helpful to try.

Answered 5/11/2014

5.7k views

Dr. Stephen Rodrigues answered

Specializes in Family Medicine

Hands on therapy: See my new view file. All pain issue start out as simple tissues disease. If no therapy is offer the pain will sear into the tissues and alter the harmony leading to complex pain disease. Like tn, crps etc. Myofascial therapy is with hand-on techniques or needle therapy. I like acupuncture. Hopefully you will be able to buy needles in the store.

Answered 9/11/2019

5.6k views

Dr. Brian Le answered

Specializes in Pain Management

CRPS treatment: Reflex sympathetic dystrophy or complex regional pain syndrome (crps) is a different condition to treat. The main focus of the treatment is to restore the function. You can try exercise at home. If it is not improved, see a pain specialist. Several treatments are available, including physical therapy, medications like topical cream, anti-seizure, infusion, injections ...

Answered 12/10/2013

4.9k views