U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 48-year-old member asked:

I have facial folliculitis, what is the best way to get rid of the scarring?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics 36 years experience
Pigment vs scars: It depends on the nature of the scars. Hyperpigmentation scars may benefit from peels and bleaching agents whereas raised scars or irregularities may respond more to resurfacing procedures. Ongoing folliculitis may respond to salicylic acid to minimize future scarring.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.

Related questions

A 36-year-old member asked:
Can you tell me how to get rid of my folliculitis?
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 22-year-old female asked:
Will bleach get rid of folliculitis?
2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
Last updated Feb 15, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.