if i wear zinc oxide in the tanning bed on my face, will that help prevent skin cancer?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Andrew Turrisi
47 years experience Radiation Oncology
Only on: Your nose. Choosing tanning booth and the vanity of a healthy [?] tan is in fact risky and unhealthy.
Answered on Oct 18, 2020
Dr. Margaret Mann
19 years experience Dermatology
Avoid tanning : As a dermatologist, i always advocate for sunscreen use to prevent skin cancer. However, even more important than that is avoidance of tanning beds. Sunscreens do not protect you 100%, so much of the uv rays in the tanning bed is stil getting thru. Your tan is a sign that damage has been done to your skin and your skin is trying to protect itself with more pigment. So ditch the tanning bed!
Answered on Mar 20, 2015
3