A 30-year-old member asked:

I have cystic fibrosis and am having trouble conceiving a baby due to thick cervical mucus. any help?

2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. William Walsh
Addiction Medicine 19 years experience
See a fertility spec: I'd recommend seeing a fertility specialist. You may not be able to conceive normally (although she may have tricks i don't know about), but modern conception techniques can be very helpful. Of course, keep your CF center in the loop, as you'll need help quite a bit when you are pregnant. Use online forums to talk to other women with CF who have had children, so you know what is coming. Luck!
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Gerard Honore
Fertility Medicine 31 years experience
See fertility doctor: Please see a fertility specialist without delay. I've treated quite a few women with cf, generally outcomes are good.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Nov 4, 2015
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
$44 video appointments with $19/month membership*
*Billed $57 every 3 months. Cancel anytime.


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.