A 42-year-old member asked:
I am an asthmatic that has previously had carbon monoxide poisoning. now am having smiliar symptoms in a house with heat pump. are they related?
1 doctor answer • 2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Michael P Vaughnanswered
Allergy and Immunology 36 years experience
Carbon monoxide: Co poisoning typically is the result of combustion of a carbon source. Heat pumps due no run by combustion. However, having a co alarm in your home is a good idea and it may alert you to a fire before the smoke detector does.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
5.7k viewsReviewed >2 years ago
Last updated Sep 29, 2016
People also asked
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $44!
50% off with $19/month membership
Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.