what are the alternative treatments available for heel and knee joint pain other than painkillers?

Dr. Arnold Beresh
Podiatry 41 years experience
Seceral: Anti-inflamatories such as motrin, physical therapy, orthotics and are braces to control foot and knee motion.
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry 28 years experience
A couple: Antiinflammatories both oral and topical, msm, glucosamine, physical therapy, braces. Stretching of achilles tendon and plantar fascia for heel and quads and hamstrings for the knee. Accupunture is an option as well.
Acupuncture: You already received great information from two physicians. It is important that your physician weigh in on this. Acupuncture is a great option to improve range of motion while reducing pain & inflammation. It breaks down obstructions in flow of blood, lymph, nerves & chi.