what can i do to soothe my baby's sunburn?

Dr. Irwin Berkowitz
Specializes in Pediatrics
Cool compresses: Unfortunately once the baby is sunburned the damage is done, cool compresses may help with initial discomfort as well as tylenol (acetaminophen). Moisturizers and or aloe can soothe the healing process.
Dr. Marcus Degraw
Cool and ease: Cool and ease the pain. Topical aloe vera may help with that as well. Bad sunburns can actually be partially helped by motrin, which works as an anti-inflammatory and topical 1% otc hydrocortisone. Blistery lesions or open lesions should not be messed with without seeing a physician first. Any fever, or more significant symptoms should be seen by a physician as well.