what are the chances of getting pregnant during your week off the pill?

2 doctor answers
Dr. David Kurss
38 years experience Obstetrics and Gynecology
Less than 1%: If you take the pill on time, everyday, and restart the pill on time, the chances of an unexpected pregnancy is less than 1%. That risk increases with a delay in restarting the pill and can decrease if you use one of the extended dose regiments that have only 4 or 2 days off. Hope that helps.
Answered on Aug 14, 2013
1
Dr. Nikolaos Zacharias
25 years experience Maternal-Fetal Medicine
8% annually.: Oral contraceptives are expected to fail with regular use 8% per year - and that is not limited to the placebo weeks.
Answered on May 14, 2014
1