what does frequent bowel movement together with lower back pain indicate?

Dr. Walid Osta
Pain Management 19 years experience
GI ISSUES AND PAIN: These symptoms could have totally independent origins such as irritable bowel disease co-existing with lumbar degenerative disk disease. However, you should check for changes in the color of the stools and if it seems oily as these my indicate problems arising from the gall bladder and/or the pancreas which may give both symptoms. You should follow up with pcp asap for evaluation and work up.
Dr. Thomas Dowling
Orthopedic Spine Surgery 40 years experience
It may suggest a : Gastrointestinal problem relatedcto both symptoms such as ulcerative colitis or may even be unrelated qnd just coincidental.