what is chronic pleuritis from?

What can I use for pleuritis if I don't have a doctor?

Dr. William Lizarraga
OTC medicines: Anti inflammatory drugs like naproxyn and Ibuprofen can really help this condition. I would make sure the pain was due to pleuritis, though, because lots of serious things can cause pain in the chest and lung that you don't want to ignore!

What do you recommend for pleuritis?

Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
Pleuritis: Pleuritis or pleurisy is the inflammation of pleura (the lining of the lungs and the cavity they are in). Usually, viral in nature, it only requires time and sometimes anti-inflammatory medication such as ibuprofen/naproxen to treat. Occasionally, Prednisone (steroid antiinflammatory) may be needed. Other causes may be autoimmune (in that case specific therapy is recommended) etc.

How long to recover from pleuritis?

Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery 49 years experience
It depend on the : Cause and if it is acute or chronic, acute one it take about 2 weeks with the proper medications, in chronic cases go on for month tell the under lying cause improved.

What is pleuritis?

Dr. Gutti Rao
Hospital-based practice 46 years experience
Treat the underlying: Most often associated with pneumonia. May need antibiotics, pain medications, cough suppressants etc see my previous answers. Inflammation of pleura lining of lung.

What is the treatment for pleuritis?

Dr. Gutti Rao
Treat the underlying: Most often associated with pneumonia. May need antibiotics, pain medications, cough suppressants etc.