is it possible to have reflux while on pantoprazole?

Dr. Maziar Rezvani
Allergy and Immunology 21 years experience
Yes: Although effective, no medication is 100%. You may consider dietary and lifestyle changes or further evaluation with a GI specialist.

Why is my baby's reflux persisting?

Dr. Cornelia Franz
Specializes in Pediatrics
Needs time: Reflux is a condition that children must outgrow. I usually tell parents that if you do nothing they will outgrow it by a year. Once you introduce food it often improves. It can worsen between 6-8 months as the child gets more mobile and "shakes himself up" with crawling. I have had great success with chinese medicine helping reflux. Check in your area for practitioners.

How does acid reflux affect my voice?

Dr. Jeffrey Crespin
Gastroenterology 28 years experience
Hoarseness: In cases of severe reflux, one can develop hoarseness. However, most of the time the acid does not travel high enough to reach the vocal cords.

At what age does reflux peak in babies and when does it resolve?

Dr. Kevin Rodbell
2-4 months: Reflux and spitting up peaks for most babies in the second month of life (contrary to the popular notion that babies spit up a lot when they are first born). More than 50% of 2-month olds spit up, versus less than 10% of 12-month olds. As you can see, reflux gradually improves for most babies over the first year of life.

Does protonix (pantoprazole) lessen the efficacy of plavix if taken together?

Dr. Martin Bress
No: It decreases the risk of bleeding from the stomach.

Is it okay to eat cinnamon if you have acid reflux?

Dr. Howard Hack
Maybe: Every person is different in their triggers for ace reflux and i would look at how your body reacts to it. There are some reports of cinnamon helping gerd and certainly it may trigger the symptoms in others.

Last updated Jun 10, 2014