what can i do to manage my malocclusion at home?

5 doctor answers
Dr. Jeffrey Miller
50 years experience Rheumatology
Bracing: Try an athletic mouthpiec for$1 at the sports store and go to a friendly inexpensive orthodontist for advice.
Answered on Feb 21, 2014
2
2 comments
1
Dr. Arnold Malerman
52 years experience Orthodontics
The purpose of a mouthguard is to protect teeth from trauma. It's not an active treatment appliance to correct malocclusion (malrelationship of teeth, jaws, or both). Don't waste your $. Make sure you see a qualified University trained Orthodontic Specialist for initial examination (often no cost) and advice, and choice of financial plans. We're talking about your face, jaws, and teeth. If you needed brain surgery would you seek an "inexpensive Neurosurgeon," no matter how friendly? Ask yhour dentist to recommend the best Orthodontist in your area...it's cheaper in the long run.
Jul 24, 2013
Dr. David Schleimer
37 years experience Orthodontics
A 1$ mouthpiece will not fix a malocclusion. An inexpensive orthodontist, just may turn out to be costly. The only thing I do understand from the answer is "friendly".
Jan 1, 2013
Dr. Arnold Malerman
52 years experience Orthodontics
Not much: About the same thing you could do to manage appendicitis or a club foot at home. Please go see an orthodontic specialist who can tell you what's wrong and what needs to be done to fix it. Then follow your orthodontist's instructions between visits to speed progress to a successful conclusion.
Answered on May 8, 2013
Dr. Thomas Tilson
36 years experience Orthodontics
It depends: This is an interesting question. I would recommend that you go see a dentist or an orthodontist and ask that question directly. The reason i say this is that I do not know your present dental condition, it is very difficult to say what you can do at home. Take this question to the professional and ask for a good straight forward answer.
Answered on Nov 28, 2017
1
1
Dr. Hilary Baskin
27 years experience Orthodontics
don't really see how this can be treated at home. I agree-- see an orthodontist
Aug 20, 2013
Dr. Hilary Baskin
27 years experience Orthodontics
Nothing: You need to see an orthodontist.
Answered on Sep 21, 2013
Dr. Gary Brigham
50 years experience Orthodontics
You cannot: Malocclusions are best evaluated and treated by dental specialists with specific training. Attempts to manage or treat conditions with home remedies can often create conditions that exacerbate the problems. Consult with a dental specialist.
Answered on Sep 21, 2013