Can taking the Plan B pill while on birth control pills delay your period during the placebo week?

Dr. Saptarshi Bandyopadhyay
20 years experience in Hospital-based practice
I believe so.: I am not a gynecologist, but my understanding is that Plan B is a high dose of hormones that induce shedding of the lining of the uterus (preventing an egg/embryo from implanting). Taking Plan B while taking placebo (which are sugar pills) will be like taking Plan B by itself. Bleeding based on a new schedule caused by Plan B may be earlier or l8r than usual depending on how ur body reacts.
Answered on Jan 3, 2015
1