RO

My body acts weird. everytime i use zyrtec (cetirizine) drops i get very little drowsy only on the first dose. my tolerance goes away if i stop it for long. why?

Dr. John Chiu
Allergy and Immunology 57 years experience
Expected: That's true with most sedating antihistamines. One does get used to the drowsiness after a couple of weeks. Whether this is due to a faster breakdown of the drug by the liver or reconditioning of the brain- no one knows However it is believed that some impairment in performance does happen when measured by performance tools even though you may not be feeling it.

Last updated Nov 14, 2020