AR

Ive been getting sick at night. the roof of my mouth hurts causing it to hurt to swallow. but it doesnt happen during the day. what could it be?

Dr. Daniel Rubenstein
Dentistry 51 years experience
Roof of mouth: This can't be diagnosed without more information and a Thorough visual and clinical examination. Make an appointment with your medical doctor, an ENT specialist, or an oral surgeon.
Dr. Chandra Shekar
Toothpaste: There could be several reasons that need to be looked at but I will mention a very common problem. You may have to switch/change the toothpaste that is being used. Many of the toothpastes contain strong tartar removal ingredients that will irritate the roof of the mouth. So, try milder and less irritant one to start with. You can find the information on the label of the product. Hope this helps.
Dr. Susan Arnoult
Acid Reflux: Those symptoms suggest that you are having acid reflux at night. I would take omeprazole OTC every night for 2 weeks and see if the symptoms improve. If they persist then see your doctor.

Last updated Apr 5, 2015