My husband has a tick bite with a really bad burning feeling and black spot under the skin where he pulled the tick out. could he have lyme disease?

5 doctors weighed in across 2 answers

Lyme disease: It is most likely that he has local irritation or residual tick particles causing pain. Lyme disease usually presents days to weeks after a tick bite many forms such as bright red rash, weakness, joint pain, fever or headaches.

Answered 11/16/2020

3.5k views

Deer tick?: Some deer ticks transmit lyme disease. The tick must be in the skin for 2 days before it can cause lyme disease. Doxycycline or minocycline 200mg single dose within 2 days of removal of a tick prevents lyme disease almost every time. Not a deer tick? Lyme is not in the conversation. A local reaction to the tick is common but not lyme disease. If the black dot is part of the tick, your body will ta

Answered 11/29/2020

3.5k views