My period lasted two days compared to four , (heavy /usual flow) is that normal ?

Dr. Dennis Higginbotham
American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology 31 years experience
Probably: It is common for the cycle to vary over time and what you describe is well within the range of normal.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Light period: The main reason for light periods is a change in hormone levels. Causes for what seems to be a light period can include: implantation bleeding in early pregnancy, thyroid problems, eating disorders, excessive exercise, initial periods for a girl, use of an intrauterine device, oral contraceptives & perimenopause.
Dr. John Rhoades
Yes: Your menses may vary between cycles. If you continue to have the heavy flow(unusual) in the next two cycles, it would be best to see your health care provider for a checkup.