U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Bentonville, AR
A 33-year-old female asked:

I smoke electronic cigarettes i just found out there's a problem with the gas exchange when i breathe its only 54 should i be worried?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Laura Yauch
Specializes in Family Medicine
Stop smoking: E cigs are still something of an unknown for long term risks. In general it is not a good idea to smoke or use these products especially if you have any lung issues. Yes, you should be worried and take any steps you can to protect your lungs. See you pulmonologist, internist or family practitioner if you need help getting off of the e cig.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Dec 29, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.