Portland, OR

Lost 11 pounds in 3 weeks unintentionally, bloated, the food i eat digests really slowly and i burp a lot, and i'm exhausted. what could this be?

Dr. Stuart Hickerson
Weight loss: 3 weeks of weight loss and fatigue. I would be concerned about diabetes. I think your digestive problem is secondary to metabolic acidosis. You need to be seen. It may be other things, but you need seen.
Dr. Foster Carr
General Practice 34 years experience
Intestinal bacteria: It has recently been discovered that weight gain or loss is associated with the presence or absence of particular bacteria in your intestines. It is possible you have a change in your intestinal "microbiome" that is related to your weight loss. Nevertheless, you should get a full medical checkup to rule out other causes of unintentional weight loss such as viral infections and tumors.

Last updated Jun 4, 2019