Does Next Choice One Dose impact the effectiveness of your regular birth control pills? Took this bc I took birth control 1 hour late

Dr. Anne Phelan-adams
Specializes in Family Medicine
No, not at all.: Next Choice and other "morning after" pills have hormones similar to those in OCP's, just in higher doses. While we advise taking the pill at the same time every day, taking it one hour late will not decrease its effectiveness. Also, using the "morning after" regimen when you're already taking the Pill regularly, is an unnecessary expense and an unnecessary exposure to hormone side effects.
Answered on Sep 28, 2016