Colorado Springs, CO

is there anything short of steroids that will eliminate my acne, including cystic acne on my face and chest?

Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dermatology 44 years experience
Antibiotics, B.P.: Antibiotics and benzoyl peroxide have yielded consistently excellent results for more than 50 years. A dermatologist will give you prescriptions for the combination that works best for you. By the way, steroids are NOT an appropriate treatment for acne in the great majority of cases.
Dr. Neal Schwartz
Strategic Prevention: Hello, It's no accident they call it "proactiv" While the treatment may not work for many people, the idea is correct. This condition requires a highly strategic approach to ensure a patient gets from point A to point B. Just a head's up, quick tips can work for a few days and then later cause a deepened sense of hopelessness. Only 400 characters here, just a heads up. -Dr. Neal Schwartz

Last updated Sep 28, 2016