U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Wheeling, WV
A 17-year-old female asked:

I have a very painful and itchy black head inside my ear to where i cant even see it what could i do to get rid of it without causing damage to my ear?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
Dermatology 59 years experience
See a dermatologist: These are difficult to remove. An experienced dermatologist will take care of it and will not damage your ear.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Stephen Rothstein
A Verified Doctor commented
A US doctor answered Learn more
you may need to see an ENT
Sep 13, 2014
Last updated Nov 1, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.