i've had an irregular light period lasting 7 days then 3 days later i started spotting with mucousy blood and lil chunks of flesh came out. what is it?

Dr. Jeff Livingston
Common complaint: Irregular periods are one of the most common problems obgyns treat. If this is one time problem it usually resolves on its own. If this is a recurring problem you should be evaluated. Infections & hormonal changes can cause spotting. If there is a concern for pregnancy then do a home pregnancy test . There are many options available to help regulate the menstrual cycle. Schedule a visit.