i just got my ears pierced a couple weeks ago and my left ear is swollen because it hurts when i touch it and it feels puffy. what should i do?

3 doctor answers
Dr. Robert Grindstaff
37 years experience Addiction Medicine
Infected pierced ear: You should twist the ear ring after applying alcohol to both sides of the ear to clean the ear. if the ear continues to swell or begins to drain see your physician
Answered on Sep 5, 2014
Dr. Steve Choi
Need meds: The site may be infected or inflamed. You may need antibiotics or meds to help with swelling. See a doctor right away.
Answered on Dec 8, 2016
2
Dr.
A Verified Doctor answered
A US doctor answered Learn more
Infected ear: Swollen and painful ear lobe /ear could be inflammation or infection but more likely to be infection . Can try pain killers and consult physician at the earliest.
Answered on Sep 21, 2016