U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 55-year-old female asked:

How to reduce bone and muscle pain i am suffering from rheumatoid arthritis my medicine methotrexate weekly 15 mg but still have too much pain?

2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Ronald Krauser
A Verified Doctoranswered
Rheumatology 54 years experience
Difficult to answer: It is difficult to answer without being able to examine the issue in person. If you continue to have joint swelling then the methotrexate dose needs to be increased or a biologic agent added.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Gargi Kundu
Specializes in Internal Medicine - Oncology
AS BELOW: For RA experts recommend starting on disease-modifying antirheumatic drug (DMARD) therapy as soon as possible. The choice of the initial drug therapy upon the degree or severity of RA disease activity. If you are not responding to Methotrexate [MTX] then your doctor can combine that with other DMARD therapy. Like adding a TNF inhibitor or SSZ and HCQ to MTX
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Aug 23, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.