United Kingdom (Great Britain)

i'm 17,i'm on the pill. for a few weeks i have been getting brown discharge from the vigina, starting my periods later than usual,what does this mean?

Dr. Philip Miller
Old menstrual: blood with vaginal mucous. If bleeding or burning see your GYN- otherwise: welcome to adulthood-normal.
Dr. Jeff Livingston
Breakthrough bleed: Breakthrough bleeding (bleeding at the wrong time) is very common on birth control. It happens in about 1/3 of users. Its no big deal and usually self corrects over time. If you are not satisfied or it continues to happen then consider using a different birth control method. It is a common side effect and does not mean something is wrong or that the pill is not working.