Singapore
A 25-year-old female asked about a female:

I knew my blood type is ab. but, how to know if it's ab+ or ab- ?

Dr. Jonathan williams
Endocrinology 23 years experience
Rh factor: most blood type testing includes Rh factor status which is the + and -.

AL

How do people know what their blood type is?

Dr. Donald Alves
Emergency Medicine 24 years experience
Must be tested: Simplest way to learn, as long as you are healthy and do not think you have any infectious diseases / std, is to donate a unit of blood through the red cross. They will test your blood and send you a donor card with your blood type on it a couple weeks after you donate. You will also save 3-4 lives with your donation and not have to pay for test!
Calhoun, GA

How do you know what your blood type is?

Dr. Michael Dugan
Specializes in Hematology
Blood type is: Determined by laboratory testing in a medical facility.

Why is it so important to know your blood type?

Dr. Bryan Levey
It isn't,: Unless you need a blood transfusion, in which case it's critical. But you still don't need to worry about it, because you will either be tested at that time, or you will receive type o negative blood (the universal donor). If you know your type, especially if you'r o negative, then please donate blood.

I don't know my blood type? Any tips?

Dr. Romanth Waghmarae
Pain Management 39 years experience
Blood type: This is easy if you know your parents type you may get a good idea. But why not just get the blood test done.

I am Blood Type AB what are the benefits?

Dr. John Chiu
Allergy and Immunology 57 years experience
Universal recipient: People with AB type especially AB Rh+ blood type are better receivers of others' blood (universal recipient) and terrible givers (only those with AB Rh+ blood can accept yours). People with O negative are excellent givers (universal donors) .

Last updated Jun 10, 2017