Texarkana, TX

Ok, so i am supposed to start my period in about two weeks, but i spotted some streaks of blood in my discharge and now feels like a yeast infec. help?

Dr. Liesa Harte
Yeast infection?: There are some over the counter medications to treat candida infections. If those do not resolve it, see your doctor.
Dr. John Munshower
Ok,...: I would get the infection looked at and confirmed to be a yeast infection, than have it treated. Good luck.
Dr. Om Prakash
12 years experience
Periods: Wait for periods to finish, if you still have discharge, then get checked for candida & other infections.
Dr. Janice Alexander
Depends: You are taking Bactrim (sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim). That may be the cause of the yeast infection. However, mid cycle bleeding May also be due to ovulation bleeding. If you are still uncomfortable, see a Provider and check it out!
Dr. Ellen Altenburg
? yeast: You are on an antibiotic, so it could be a yeast infection. Usually yeast infections don't cause a bloody discharge, but if you are irritated and having sex it might. Multiple over the counter medications are available, but your physician can make the diagnosis

Last updated Sep 29, 2016