U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 48-year-old member asked:

Any suggestion on how to ease mild/moderate back pain with just otc meds?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Michael Rimlawi
Orthopedic Spine Surgery 24 years experience
Back pain: I would always recommend seeing your pcp first so they can exam you or a spine specialist. When you see a spine specialist they will do a thorough exam and would get a MRI to check your disc spaces, nerves and facet joints. Once getting those results and comparing it to your history and physical exam, they then can formulate a plan from most conservative to least conservative.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.

Similar questions

A 18-year-old member asked:

Please give some suggestions to ease back pain.

4 doctor answers12 doctors weighed in
Dr. Kevin Considine
Family Medicine 31 years experience
Depends: If you are getting recurrent common back pain and discomfort then it could be a sign of weak core muscles in back and abdomen. Also it could be due to poor lifting mechanics etc as well. If it persists see you doctor, otherwise recommend yoga or pilates as exercise regimens to help with your back. Also wear good shoes and sleep on a supportive mattress and use tylenol (acetaminophen) +/- Ibuprofen for otc relief.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jun 10, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.