A member asked:

I'm in small town with a torn muscle. between family medicine and general surgery. which should i choose?

7 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Terry Simpson answered

Specializes in General Surgery

Either: Either specialty can diagnose and often treatment is rest and time.

Answered 7/8/2012


Dr. Peter Than answered

Specializes in Surgery

Family doc : It's probably best to see your family doctor. They can take a look and make some recommendations. In the mean time you can use Motrin and Tylenol (acetaminophen) for pain. A muscle strain wouldn't be treated surgically.

Answered 10/30/2015



Related Questions

A member asked:

How long does surgery take for a torn oblique muscle?

A doctor has provided 1 answer

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question

Meet your new favorite doctor