i have weened off ativan (lorazepam). i took .5 mg two days ago. can i drink tonight responsibly? ativan (lorazepam) no longer affects me which is why i've weened off.

2 doctor answers
Dr. Dariush Saghafi
32 years experience Neurology
Depends: Depends more on the length of time you've been on the Ativan (lorazepam). If you are on a standing dose of 1 or more doses daily then, it may take a bit longer for the medication to get out of your system entirely, say 5-7 days. If you only take doses PRN for anxiety then, you should be OK after 2 days.
Answered on Jul 12, 2014
24 years experience Psychiatry
Ativan (lorazepam): Serum 1/2 life is 12 to 15 hours.. Want to go at least 5 half lives - I think you need to wait a little longer before ingesting alcohol.
Answered on Jul 12, 2014