How is oral thrush transmitted?

Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery 50 years experience
Let me help you.: Because the exact cause of an overgrowth of Candida Albicans in the mouth not known, the mode of transmission of oral thrush is also unknown. It is advisable not to have direct mouth-to-mouth contact with someone who has an active oral thrush infection. Read more: how is Candida Albicans transmitted? | ehow.Com http://www.Ehow.Com/facts_5148118_candida-albicans-transmitted.Html#ixzz1lfnb8lkp.
Dr. John Leander Po
Infectious Disease 19 years experience
Transmission is not necessarily an accurate term since it is part of the normal human micro biome; thrush is the result of an impaired immune system or else alteration of the micro biome, favoring the growth of this yeast.
Jul 25, 2013
Dr. John Leander Po
Infectious Disease 19 years experience
Jul 25, 2013
Dr. John Leander Po
Infectious Disease 19 years experience
It's not-: One cannot transmit oral thrush. It's the result of the immune system that is unable to control the yeast that is found in the mouth of humans. It can happen when one uses medications that suppress the immune system (eg. Transplant patient, asthma patient) or when someone is infected with hiv.