Neptune, NJ

how long can sperm live inside me if ovulatation is four days away?

Dr. Marsha Davis
Usually: They live about 3 days.

OH

Is it common for sperm to live 6 to 7 days after intercourse before ovulation and fertilization takes place, or is that a rarity?

Dr. Andrew Silverman
Fertility Medicine 49 years experience
Sperm survival: Sperm survicve for a max of 3 days after intercourse.

How likely is it for sperm to live 4 days before ovulation?

Dr. Gerard Honore
Fertility Medicine 29 years experience
Unusual: But it could still happen.

What are the chances of sperm living 4 days prior to ovulation?

Dr. David Sneid
Endocrinology 41 years experience
Very good: Certainly possible. If you don't want to become pregnant you need to avoid unprotected sex, but you've probably figured that out by now.
Temple Hills, MD

I'm 25 years old. My husband and I are trying to start a family. We tried on August 23rd, day of ovulation, but some sperm comes out. Could I be pref?

Dr. Philip Miller
A Verified Doctor answered
A US doctor answered Learn more
It only takes 1: It's really not about the quantity-it is about the number of sperm cells in the ejaculation- don't worry. You can still get pregnant during your fertile time.
Newark, NJ

If I am inserting sperm using a softcup on the 25th and I leave it in overnight until the 26th and my ovulation day is the 27th will i need need to insert sperm again on the 27th or the 28th?

Dr. Yvette Kratzberg
Multi day approach: A better option would be to use a soft syringe, inserted into the vagina which allows the sperm to be deposited close to the cervix. do this and recline for 20 minutes afterwards on day 25, 27, 29 to ensure the best coverage.

Last updated Jun 30, 2014