U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 23-year-old male asked:

Are there any foods/fluids/lifestyles that help with the symptoms of hyperthyroidism? cups of tea seem to help but may just be placebic.

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. David Cohen
Internal Medicine 43 years experience
No: If you are hyperthyroid you need to be treated with medication or radioactive iodine. You should see an Endocrinologist. This is not a lifestyle issue

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership

Related questions

A 52-year-old female asked:
3 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
A 42-year-old member asked:
1 doctor answer4 doctors weighed in
A 38-year-old member asked:
1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Last updated Nov 28, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.