A 50-year-old member asked:

What to do if i have pda (patent ductus arteriosus) and need it closed to join the british army, how long will it take ?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. James Ferguson
Pediatrics 48 years experience
Check local sources: A discussion with your local PCP can provide you a list of local sources for this procedure. After evaluation by a local cardiologist, they can determine whether this could be closed through a catheter procedure or require an open surgical approach. Most towns with a heart program can handle such procedures.Recovery is relatively quick.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.

Related questions

A 38-year-old member asked:
Is pda- patent ductus arteriosus surgery for infant an easy to do surgery?
2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
A 29-year-old member asked:
What is a patent ductus arteriosus?
2 doctor answers8 doctors weighed in
A 33-year-old member asked:
What?Causes ?The patent ductus arteriosus?
2 doctor answers7 doctors weighed in
A 36-year-old member asked:
How do?You ?Treat patent ductus arteriosus?
3 doctor answers14 doctors weighed in
A 46-year-old member asked:
What are the tests for patent ductus arteriosus?
2 doctor answers15 doctors weighed in
Last updated Jun 14, 2014
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
$44 video appointments with $19/month membership*
*Billed $57 every 3 months. Cancel anytime.


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.