How do i wean off avinza (morphine)?

Dr. Romanth Waghmarae
Pain Management 40 years experience
Slowly: Weaning off Avinza (morphine) has to be done slowly and under supervision of your md? You cannot just cut the tablet and take bits it's very dangerous as this will result in possible overdose. I perform dose reductions every 2 weeks until the med can be stopped.
Dr. Yash Khanna
Wean of nardil (phenelzine): Do it under medical supervision and slowly.It also depends how long you have been taking avinza, (morphine) and what dosage.I can not advice you without knowing what dose and how many years you have been taking Avinza (morphine) and what other meds you are taking.But as a rule for weaning anypain med is to take your time and go slow and under direction of your physician it is to be done slowly and under supervision.
Last updated Oct 3, 2016