Mauritius

How to know that a breast abscess is recurring?

Dr. Charles Berry
Specializes in Surgery - Thoracic
Lump: A breast, or any abscess, is a 'lump' ... self exam is the key. Abscesses are areas of infection that the body attempt to contain in one area. Abscesses are a lump, mass or some sort of space occupying mass that you can feel. There may be pain, redness or a general feeling of illness or fever with some abscesses ... but ... it's a matter of size and degree.
Dr. Regina Hampton
Breast Surgery 24 years experience
Pain & redness: An abscess typically has pain and redness of the skin. In some, there may be a buldge, fevers and chills. It is important to seek care from a breast specialist. Aspiration or incision and drainage is usually the treatment along with antibiotics. If you think you have a problem, seek care from your physician immediately.
Dr. M. Hytham Beck
Surgery 44 years experience
It depends: you are 20 years old the only reason for you to have a breast abscess if you are lactating now i assume you had abscess before you are concern about recurrences if you start having any pain or redness in your breast or part of it feel feverish or if you are having fever or chills you might be having a recurrent abscess if that is the case you need to go to the ER or to your docotr