Los Angeles, CA

My menstrual period is acting strange it won't come all the way down like i am spotting or something i am not pregnant should i see a doctor?

Dr. Jeff Livingston
Irregular periods: Irregular periods are one of the most common problems obgyns treat. If this is one time problem it usually resolves on its own. If this is a recurring problem you should be evaluated. Infections ; hormonal changes can cause spotting. If there is a concern for pregnancy then do a home pregnancy test . There are many options available to help regulate the menstrual cycle. Schedule a visit.
Dr. Mary David
Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
It depends: Is it time for your period? What are you using for birth control? What are your normal periods like? Any other health issues? Are you having any other symptoms? All of these things are important in order to answer your question. I could be quite normal or something for which you need to see a doctor.

Last updated May 29, 2017