is it possible that my partner did not got chlamydia and i did?

2 doctor answers
Dr. James Brockenbrough
48 years experience Thoracic Surgery
Unlikely: If you have it he most likely has it also. He just does not have symptoms. If he is not treated when you are, you will very likely get it again.
Answered on May 14, 2014
1
Dr. Hunter Handsfield
52 years experience Infectious Disease
Very unlikely: If you caught it from someone else, your partner might not yet have caught it from you. However, it's more likely that he also is (or was) infected. The tests aren't perfect and miss some infections. Also, infection usually clears up over a few weeks or months, even without treatment -- so he might have had chlamydia but now gone. Your partner must be treated, even though his test is negative.
Answered on Jul 14, 2015