Rochester, NY

I had a gastric bypass but gained back some of the weight. will garcinia cambogia work for me?

Dr. Charles Cattano
Gastroenterology 39 years experience
Doubt it...: Garcinia cambogia is a plant often used in asian recipes. The skin of the fruit contains hydroxycitric acid which is the active ingredient that in rats inhibits a fat producing enzyme called citrate lyase that increases serotonin levels leading to significant weight loss. In human studies short-term weight loss is less impressive ; the clinical relevance is uncertain ; statistically insignificant.