U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 30-year-old female asked:

Please doctor can shalcip tz cure yeast infection.

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Milton Alvis, jr
Preventive Medicine 42 years experience
No way; against Bact: Shalcip, look it up yourself, is a brand of ciprofloxacin, an antibiotic poison for some bacteria, see: http://en.Wikipedia.Org/wiki/ciprofloxacin. It has no recognized toxicity for any yeast/fungus, indeed, by suppressing competing bacteria, is highly likely to aggravate, intensity yeast/fungal infections.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership

Similar questions

A 42-year-old member asked:

Please let me know if there is a cure for a yeast infection?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Ted Anderson
Gynecology 29 years experience
Of course there is: Most women think any vaginal discharge is a yeast infection which is wrong. There are a lot of other things that cause vaginal discharge. First confirm that what you have is actually yeast infection. If you try a yeast infection treatment (eg, monistat) and there is no relief of symptoms in a few days, then see your doctor for an accurate diagnosis. An antifungal like Diflucan (fluconazole) may work.
A 40-year-old member asked:

Can doctors tell me what does the doctor do if you have a yeast infection?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Heidi Fowler
Psychiatry 26 years experience
Some options: Your physician could prescribe Diflucan (fluconazole) which is an oral antifungal medication that is taken once (occasionally needs multiple doses for complicated cases). Another option is a vaginal cream, ointment, suppository for several days (7 to 14 days sometimes). Some people require maintenance tx.

Related questions

A 30-year-old male asked:
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 48-year-old member asked:
1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
A 30-year-old female asked:
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Last updated Sep 26, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.