United Kingdom (Great Britain)

i hear 3voices in my head. a mean one, a rational one and one that laughs, and laughs at me for it. i'm already on lexapro (escitalopram).i'm afraid of getting worse?

Dr. Andrew Ho
This is a good first: Step. You are realizing that these voices are bothersome and don't want them to get worse. You need to let your doctor know about these voices so he/she can help you get them under control. There are medications (other than lexapro) that work for voices that you may want to try.
Dr. Bernard Seif
Clinical Psychology 40 years experience
Also, consider psychotherapy. The combo of meds & therapy is a good one.
Apr 22, 2014
Dr. Andrew Ho
Dr. Andrew Ho commented
Provided original answer
I agree. Sadly psychotherapy is often not readily available in many communities. It is extremely helpful when combined with medication.
Apr 22, 2014